EDUCATIONUniversity of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Masters in Business Administration
University of Colorado – Boulder
Bachelor of Science, Marketing and Management
SLS Business Consulting – Petoskey, MI
2012 – 2018
- Develop and execute marketing plans designed to generate leads, support sales, retain clients and ultimately impact the revenue stream for clients.
- Responsible for the creation of targeted content and messaging.
- Create sales support materials, web content, advertising, and maintain social media.
- Clients report increased leads and ultimately sales. One client has experienced more than a 200% increase in sales due to marketing efforts.
Coordinator of College and University Relations
North Central Michigan College – Petoskey, MI
2007 – 2013
- Coordinated and strengthened relationships between NCMC and six senior university partners; Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Ferris State University, Lawrence Technical University, Lake Superior State University and Spring Arbor University.
- Promoted awareness of senior university programs at NCMC both within the existing student population and the external community.
- Tasked with helping to create defined paths for NCMC students to transfer to four year institutions.
- Taught strategic small business management and entrepreneurial courses including; essentials of small business ownership, strategic planning, marketing/advertising and finance.
- Responsible for course development and student instruction.
- Actively sought new ways to engage students in course learning incorporating targeted Harvard Business School case studies, additional course readings, current events, videos and guest speakers.
- Engaged members of the local business community in course lectures.
- Remained up-to-date on current business trends to ensure students learn the latest trends and techniques to successfully run a small business.
Business Owner/Marketing Director
Northern Office Suppliers (Steelcase Dealership)– Petoskey, MI
- Actively worked to streamline sales and operational processes.
- Participated in ongoing business management including financial review and reporting, intra-company communication, strategic planning and execution.
- Responsible for creating customer presentations, company website, sales support materials and thought-leadership campaigns.
- Tasked with increasing company awareness.
- Responsible for business relocation.
Compuware Corporation - Detroit, MI
- Translated business strategies and objectives into marketing campaigns and programs.
- Developed messaging and content to communicate Compuware's quality assurance value proposition.
- Maintained current knowledge of the market, market trends, competition and competitive trends.
- Worked closely with industry analysts to communicate Compuware’s vision and direction for the Quality Assurance product line.
- Successfully worked with senior level management to launch new products (Compuware Application Reliability Solution, CARS) to the market.
- Led program development and directed program execution.
- Communicated program status, issues and results at management status meetings.
- Allocated resources and prioritized activities.
- Created marketing campaigns including direct mail, internet, advertising, trade shows, seminars and relationships with business partners to increase awareness.
- Designed, developed and delivered marketing programs and related materials that generated a steady flow of leads and provided strong support to the sales effort.
- Defined campaign and program metrics and evaluation criteria.
Vertical Marketing Manager
Nextel Communications - Detroit, MI
- Member of core team of six responsible for developing and successfully implementing the vertical marketing strategy for the company.
- Presented strategy, execution tactics and expected results to senior management council.
- Created vertically focused marketing programs including direct mail, internet, trade shows, white papers and sales support materials to build thought-leadership within targeted verticals.
- Analyzed existing customer base and created marketing programs and promotions to further penetrate accounts.
Strategic Account Manager
Verizon – Detroit, MI
- Successfully prospected, sold, and maintained relationships with Fortune 1000 accounts such as; The State of Michigan, Ford Motor Company and The Palace of Auburn Hills.
- Sold voice and data infrastructure networks.
- Nationally recognized as “Rookie of the Year” out of more than 350 account managers.
- One of fifteen selected nationwide to participate in exclusive rotational, development program.
- Participated in rigorous marketing and management training programs.
- Assignments included marketing research, customer and management presentation creation and the development of internal training and newsletters.
- Family, running, kayaking, snow shoeing, learning and reading